Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Am a Rock

I sat, my back resting against the warm boulder . The liquid sun was hot on my head, the breeze soft and sweet. Bright light shined through my closed eyelids. I held very still, listening, and let the energy swirl around me.

I felt the world breathing, felt its heart beating, heard its song singing in my veins. "I feel like it's trying to talk to me", I said.

"It is," Grandpa said, "You're hearing Earth's soul. Listen closely

The alkali sand hard and course under me, my back melded with the boulder . The molten desert sun pooled in my hair, the whispering breeze was cool. I closed my eyes, relaxing. I felt the Earth's crackling energy flowing over my prickling skin. I opened myself to it, sharing my own soul with the current. I allowed my essence to mix freely with the dancing of the universe.

For this moment in time, I was a rock. Immoble. Immortal. Inorexable.

When life gets turbulent, this is my strength.

1 comment:

  1. Angel,
    I could feel the sensations from the rock and the sun as I read your poem. It almost lulled me into Meditation. I loved reading your poem written with love, feelings of vibrations from Mother Earth and the emotions that you felt in your Soul. Thank you for the moving poem.
    Tamara Lesley

    ReplyDelete

MUSIC