Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Wish

"What's with the wings?"

"We thought that this form would be easy for you to understand, Angel."

"Great, even cosmically, my name is a joke."

"Sorry. I can lose them if you like."

"That would be nice, you're molting into my coffee."

*****

"There, now I can even sit into a chair. You should start thinking about what you want."

"You're kidding."

"Oh, no. It's not my style."

"God sent you?"

"For lack of a better term, yeah."

"To pay me in advance, you say?"

"Yes ma'am."

"For karma that I haven't earned yet?"

"Well, you've begun to earn it."

"Can we go over that part again, please? It's all a bit fuzzy in my head."

"All right. Your novel, 'Manifesting Destiny' is going to change people's lives. It will make a positive impact on the energies of the universe that is so huge that its ripples will be felt for a milennia or more. Nothing that we could give you, after you get it published, would be an adequate payment for this. So, I've been sent here."

"So, you're an Angel, and God sent you here to grant me a wish?"

"...Again with the terminology. But fundamentally, that's a correct summation."

"Can you help me clear up the terminology a little, then? Because I AM a writer, you know, and words matter to me."

"Well... the beings that are the essence of the energy that unifies the Multiverse manifested me here, to give you a gift of your chosing."

"So, you're an Angel, and God sent you here to grant me a wish?"

"Pretty much, yeah."

"Alright. How long do I have to think about this?"

"As long as you need."

"And, there's no trick involved? No 'Be careful what you wish for' or 'genie-ish' tricks up your sleeve?"

"No. None. This is meant to be a gift, and is given in earnest."

"So, I can have anything I want?"

"More or less."

"Can I have both?"

"Both what?"

"Both more AND less?"

"Well, probably. I am here to grant you what you desire, within reason."

"Does it have to be just one thing?"

"No. You can ask for as many things as you like."

"And do I have to phrase it in just one sentence?"

"No, this is not a fairy story. You can author a proposal. Paint me a picture with your words of what you want me to create for you, and if it's reasonable, and will not alter the future of 'Manifesting Destiny' and the good that it will do, then I will create your new reality for you."

"And, can I be allowed to remember now?"

"I don't understand."

"I mean, will I be able to remember this conversation, and what things are like now, before I change them?"

"Of course."

"Are there rules?"

"Always."

"Like what?"

"Well, like I said, your payment has to be 'within reason'. Basically the usual mantra about not affecting free will. No world peace, etc... You can alter your own personal situation and that of your family (within those boundaries), but nothing too far-reaching."

"I need to think this out."

"I would have expected nothing less."

"Can I have two days?"

"Sure. I'll be back then."

********

"Wow, you could try that without the bright flash of light."

"Sorry. Have you decided what you'd like?"

"Yep, and I'll be glad to tell you as soon as my vision clears up."

"What a wit, you should write books."

"Bite me."

"Is that an official desire, because I could develop fangs..."

"Wow, who knew that the 'powers that be' had a sense of humor?"

"Can we get on with this? I have other karmic debts to repay."

"Alright, I've made a list."

"Did you save it to your hard drive so that you could post it to your we-book friends tomorrow?"

"Yup. Ready?"

"Fire away."

"Well, first, I'd like to say that I want these 'wishes' to apply not only to myself, but to my husband and our children as well."

"Alright. Noted."

"First, I wish for more good health. Physical, mental, emotional, and every other kind of health. More wellness, more fitness, more immunity, more stamina, more energy, more and longer life, more and better quality of healthy life, more balance, and more peace."

"Done."

"Next, I wish for less bad health. Physical, mental, emotional, and every other kind of health. Less illness, less disability, less suceptibility, less fatigue, less ambiguity, less insomnia, less atropy and degeneration, less pain, and less distress."

"Done, as well."

"Next, I wish for more positive cash flow in my life. More available money. Less being peniless. More making ends meet, and less stress caused by a lack of funds."

"That one was easy."

"Specifically, I wish to wake up in the morning and find myself, and my life altered only as I've stated in my wishes."

"Of course, no tricks."

"One more thing. I'd like to change my body shape (in the interest of increasing physical and emotional health, of course)."

"Of course. Did you have a shape in mind?"

"Yes. It's detailed here, on this slip of paper. And I want all of my clothes that I have now to fit my new shape, please. I don't want to have to walk around naked until I can get new clothes."

"Of course."

"And, I want to remember what it was like before the changes, also. So that I can be more grateful for this great gift."

"Of course. Is there anything else?"

"One thing. I wish for more sucess. Success in reaching goals. For all of us. I want us all to be able to have easy access to the tools that we need to make things happen for ourselves, in our personal and professional lives."

"You and your family?"

"Yup. I'd extend that to all the world, if I could."

"I know. That's why I'm here."

"Well, that's it. What happens next?"

"You go in, and go to bed. In the morning, when you wake to get the kids off to school, all of the changes that you've requested will have taken effect."

"Wow, thank you."

"No, thank YOU. So much. For what you're about to do, for us all."

"Shucks. I can't believe 'Manifesting Destiny' will be that important. I've still not found anyone to publish it for me, even though I've copywritten it already."

"Well, the lesson to be learned here is that we all make differences with our lives. Some bigger than others."

"Thank you, again, Michael."

"You're welcome. Good night, Angel."

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for something tasty that I could have with my coffee this morning when I found this short story (smile) A wish come true...a very enjoyable way to start my day. Thank you Angel for starting my day out with a smile. LOL, BDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful write dear, thanks for the beauty
    love ashs

    ReplyDelete

MUSIC